‘Early bird’ registration now open – deadline 6 March
You can now register for the conference and get an ‘early bird’ discount until 6 March. The early bird rate is £250 for the full 2 day conference including the Gala Dinner on Tuesday, 19 April. [Members of the Programme Committee and Members of ALT will continue to qualify for the ‘early bird’ rate after the deadline when the full conference fee will be £280]. Limited places for one day attendance are available, although we encourage delegates to register for the full event whenever possible. Single day attendance does not include the Gala Dinner and costs £160. No early bird discount is available for single days.
Please note that VAT is not charged.
There is a range of accommodation available for delegates. A limited number of places in the on-campus B&B accommodation in Masson House can be booked directly at the same time as registering for the event at a cost of £61 per person per night for 18th and 19th April ONLY. A wide choice of accommodation is available throughout Edinburgh, with some options listed below. Accommodation can also be booked via the venue, Edinburgh First, at http://www.book.accom.ed.ac.uk/. We’ve also prepared a map which shows the main conference venues and some accommodation options http://go.alt.ac.uk/1TpCCbr
- Gladstone House http://go.alt.ac.uk/1UsQQqo
- Gifford House http://go.alt.ac.uk/1PV1cvi
- MW Townhouse Guesthouse http://go.alt.ac.uk/1KcResM
- Hotel Ceilidh-Donia http://go.alt.ac.uk/1PHxD6h
- Holiday Inn Express, Royal Mile http://go.alt.ac.uk/1PGZEoP
- Novotel Edinburgh Centre http://go.alt.ac.uk/1KBDpPw
For more accommodation options see the Visit Scotland website for more choices: http://www.visitscotland.com/accommodation/
The Gala Dinner will take place on Tuesday 19 April 2016 at Teviot Row House in Edinburgh.
Financial support for attendance
We have aimed to make our charges for this event reasonable in order to be as inclusive as possible. However if cost is a genuine barrier we have a small amount of limited funding that we can use to help subsidise registrations. If you are presenting a paper or if you are a student, from a small FE organisation, a school teacher, work in adult and community education, or are a member of the public with a special interest in OER wanting to attend, please complete the form below or contact us to discuss your options. Both national and international applications will be considered, but please note that it is unlikely that we will be able to refund travel. Please note the terms and conditions below (including cancellation charges).
Terms and Conditions
- This funding option is specifically available to unfunded projects and individuals, teaching and support staff and students, members of the public who are not otherwise supported by an organisation.
- Those working in HEIs and large FE Colleges (400+fte HE equivalent) are not eligible to apply.
- The funds available to cover registration and accommodation costs are limited and will be decided by the Programme Committee, signed off by the Treasurer, on merit.
- Travel costs must be normally met from elsewhere.
- There is no appeal procedure once a decision has been made.
- You may be required to provide evidence of your circumstances in order to qualify (e.g student number, line manager’s letter, etc).
- Any inaccuracy in the description of your circumstances will lead to any awards being withdrawn.
- If you are awarded financial help but are unable to attend you must inform us as soon as possible. ‘No-show’ places will result in a request for full payment for attendance being re-instated as this would prevent another from taking up a funded place
Please click the link below to apply for funding assistance. Closing date for applications is 6 March 2016: http://go.alt.ac.uk/OER16-Assistance-Form.
Other related conferences in Edinburgh during April
There are two events at the University of Edinburgh in the following week to OER16 that may be of interest. Note: These events are run independently to OER16 and enquiries about these events should be directed to the appropriate organisers.
- LAK16: 6th International Learning Analytics and Knowledge (LAK) Conference, April 25-29, 2016 – Registration for LAK16
- [email protected]: Third Annual ACM Conference on Learning at Scale April 25-26, 2016 – Register for [email protected]
Cancellations made in writing on or before 21st March 2016 will be eligible for a full refund minus a £50 cancellation charge. Cancellations made after 21st March 2016 will not receive a refund. Substitutions are allowed if made in writing (either by email or by faxing your request to +44 (0)1865 484165) before 8th April 2016.